Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
New Member Registration
Search this Site
12635 E. Montview Blvd., Suite 270
Aurora, CO 80045
P: (720) 859-4149
F: (720) 859-4158
2020 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Professionalism Award
Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) is seeking nominations for ongoing programs in medical schools or other institutions that represent best practices in the teaching and learning of medical professionalism. Individuals or teams may apply. Programs should:
- Include students, residents, faculty, and other health care team members;
- Show evidence of effectiveness;
- Show evidence of sustainability; and
- Be exportable to other medical institutions.
A one-time award of $10,000 to recognize and honor faculty, programs, and institutions with the best practices in medical professionalism education. One award is presented each year.Eligibility
Programs at medical schools, or institutions affiliated with medical schools, that have a professionalism program that has produced proven outcomes are eligible. Medical schools that have received the Professionalism Award are not eligible to submit another nomination for three subsequent years. All AΩA members included in the nomination packet must have active status in AΩA.Requirements
- Leaders of the programs will be asked to attend a medical professionalism conference sponsored by AΩA to present their programs. Expenses will be paid by AΩA.
- Attendees of the conference will be requested to submit a Chapter for possible inclusion in a monograph to be published by AΩA.
Submission Requirements The application must include:
- The completed checklist (see next page);
- A description of the program, including: • Purpose and background
- Biosketch(es) of the program leader(s).
- A letter of nomination from the Dean of the medical school (maximum two pages), commenting on the program’s effectiveness, and describing how it enhances professionalism among medical personnel.
- All materials must be submitted as a single PDF in the format listed on the checklist. All materials must be submitted on the AΩA website at http://alphaomegaalpha.org/professionalism_award.html. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Only one nomination per school may be submitted.
• Categories of participants
• Data to substantiate the program
• Implementation details
• Effectiveness measures
• Sustainability measures
• Exportability measures
Nominations must be submitted on the AΩA website using the program submission link below by October 2, 2020
Awardees will be notified on December 7, 2020.Questions may be directed to
Libby Appel (720) 859-4149,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-859-4149.
Beginning August 1, 2019 all AΩA awards, fellowships, grants, and program submissions must be electronically submitted through the appropriate page on the AΩA website.
Updated on January 6, 2020.