Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
New Member Registration
Search this Site
12635 E. Montview Blvd., Suite 270
Aurora, CO 80045
P: (720) 859-4149
F: (720) 859-4158
Past Recipients & Research Abstracts:
2019 Postgraduate FellowshipPurpose
To foster support for research and scholarly projects.The Opportunity
Postgraduate awards will be given to residents and fellows for research or scholarly projects in the spirit of the AΩA mission. Priority for scholarly projects will be given to those that include elements of leadership, professionalism, and teaching.The Fellowship
Up to 10 fellowships of $2,000 each, with one-half paid on announcement of the fellowship, and one-half on approval of the final report. Schools, departments, and/or programs are encouraged to provide additional or matching funds. Only one candidate per school may be nominated.Eligibility
Medical residents and fellows, in programs at institutions with an active AΩA Chapter or Association. Applicants must be nominated by their residency or fellowship program directors. Applicants need not be AΩA members, however, those who are members must have active status. In addition, all AΩA members included in the submission packet must have active status.Deadline for Application
Applications must be received by the National Office no later than May 31, 2019.
Application to the Councilor
The Councilor and his/her selection committee will choose the proposal judged to be the most promising and with a high probability of completion during the next year. Applications should include:
- A completed checklist (Download the checklist)
- A summary of the project written by the applicant. Requirements are listed on the checklist.
- The project bibliography (if applicable).
- If required, a copy of IRB/IACUC approval or proof of submission for approval.
- The applicant’s CV (no more than four pages in length).
- A letter of support from the applicant’s mentor (if applicable), indicating his/her commitment of time and interest to the project and applicant.
- The mentor’s biosketch (if applicable).
- A letter of nomination from the applicant’s residency or fellowship program director, including a commitment to allow the applicant time to complete the proposed project.
- An endorsement of the applicant’s department chair, which should comment on the applicant’s achievements and potential, and the suitability of the faculty sponsor for mentoring (if applicable).
Application to the National Office
The proposal selected by the Councilor must be sent to the National Office, and, in addition to the items included in the submission to the Councilor, must include:
- A letter of endorsement from the AΩA Councilor.
- All materials submitted as a PDF in the format listed on the checklist; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications must be emailed no later than May 31, 2019, to email@example.com
An AΩA committee will evaluate each proposal. Additional information or clarification may be requested.Date of Fellowship Announcement
August 15, 2019.Other Important Information
- Approval of clinical or animal projects by the local medical center IRB or IACUC is required before funding is provided.
- No indirect costs will be paid.
- No later than September 30, 2020, the recipient must submit a final report of the project to the National Office.
- Award recipients are also encouraged to keep a journal or blog (including photos or video, if applicable), particularly for service-related projects, which may be linked to the AΩA web site. Any publication of the project findings must contain the following acknowledgment: Supported in part by an Alpha Omega Alpha Postgraduate Award.
Please contact Libby Appel at 720-859-4149 or E-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated on November 13, 2018.